Restore Balance in Your Life
Of those 65 and older, between 20% and 25% have a degree of mild cognitive impairment, and about 10% have dementia. These conditions can make it harder to manage day-to-day life on your own, but it doesn’t have to stay that way.
Life Made Easier With Specialized Care & Support
Maintaining your loved one’s freedom and lifestyle is of utmost importance for all of our residents. To help those with cognitive and memory challenges, we offer person-centered care with 24-hour staff.
We adapt our care to your loved one’s needs, and our staff is trained to help our community’s memory or cognitively-challenged members achieve comfort and stability.
Before joining our community, an experienced and qualified Registered Nurse will perform an assessment to ensure we provide exactly what you or your loved one needs.
- Personal hygiene/toileting
- Assistance eating
- Medication assistance
- Transferring assistance
Enriching Connections is our specially designed training program for our staff members working in Memory. This program was developed to get our staff the education they need to help our residents live with dementia as independently as possible while following a structured plan for care.
Our Enriching Connections program is based on 7 foundational elements:
- Relationships & Community: Everyone is invited to belong.
- Commitment: Our organizational leaders are actively involved and committed to providing incredible person-centered care.
- Certification & Training for Staff: All management and Memory Care staff members are certified through the Alzheimer’s Association and have completed additional and comprehensive training.
- Services: Families and nursing staff work together to help create plans that promote individual preferences, independence, and dignity.
- Meaningful Life & Engagement: Promote and maintain the best quality of life for our residents through our Inspire Wellness for Life program.
- Environment: Our team is dedicated to making continual improvements so every Tealwood community is a dementia-friendly environment.
- Accountability: We always strive for high-quality care.
- Dementia or other memory cognitive problems are making life alone dangerous.
- Your health is at risk.
- Your needs surpass the capabilities of your loved ones.
- You’re neglecting work responsibilities, family commitments, and yourself.
- You would benefit from the structure and community of our Memory Care lifestyle.
Always Helping Our Residents With a Smile
Our Memory Care residents can expect the following services:
- Help to and from meals and events
- Regularly scheduled care conferences
- 3 chef-prepared meals a day
- And more
A Community To Best Serve You
Yorkshire of Edina is uniquely designed to help residents with memory and cognitive impairments like Alzheimer’s and dementia thrive and find comfort in their new lives.
Some of our community services and amenities include:
- Big, spacious walkways
- Secured outdoor activity spaces
- Recreational programs and events to match the individual
- Grand bath with incredible whirlpool spa
Apartment Features & Amenities
We strive to help your loved one feel at home. Our beautiful suites come with a range of amenities and features including:
- Walk-in showers
- All utilities included, except phone
- Regular health monitoring from our dementia-certified nursing staff
- Non-slip floors
- Heat lamps with timers
- Other subtle design features for wayfinding, safety, and independence
Why Choose Us?
When it comes to our list of events, variety is the spice of life. No matter the schedule, interest, or ability, we are always looking to support you with your next favorite hobby. You always have a say in what we do next!
Make yourself at home! We offer a genuinely customizable living experience. We can help you keep doing what you love as well as maintain the independence you crave.
When it comes to our list of events, variety is the spice of life. No matter the schedule, interest, or ability, we are always looking to support you with your next favorite hobby. You always have a say in what we do next!Learn More
Make yourself at home! We offer a genuinely customizable living experience. We can help you keep doing what you love as well as maintain the independence you crave.Learn More
Our staff goes above and beyond for every single resident in our care. We see ourselves as an extension of your family, and nothing will stop us from helping you make your life better in any way we can.Learn More
Where to Find Us
We are located in Edina between Southdale Mall and the YMCA with convenient access to shopping, medical appointments and more.
Our Address7141 York Avenue South
Edina, MN 55435